Happy Valentine's Day! Just a little collection of favorite songs that touch on all matters of love you. As you all well know, songs about lost love and broken hearts tend to have more poignancy and power, so even a song named "Valentine's Day," like the Steve Earle classic, is likely to contain more sadness than promise.
The sun is shining, the weather is warming, and I'm taking two of my three girls to dinner tonight, so though there are no cheesy cards or boxes of chocolate in the house right now, the day still feels kind of special.
As is typical for a Bob mix, some old favorites, some lesser-known tunes from well-known artists and a couple of covers. If you haven't heard "Hung The Moon" before and you want to believe in love, go there first.
1. Steve Earle--"Valentine's Day" (mp3)
2. Lucinda Williams--"Passionate Kisses" (mp3)
3. Bob Dylan--"I Want You" (mp3)
4. Gram Parsons (w/ Emmylou Harris)--"Hearts On Fire" (mp3)
5. Paul Westerberg--"Love Untold" (mp3)
6. Bill Morrissey--"Love Song, New York" (mp3)
7. Dixie Chicks--"Heartbreak Town" (mp3)
8. Greg Trooper--"Wouldn't That Be Love" (mp3)
9. David Johansen Group--"It's A Heartache (live)" (mp3)
10 Pete Townsend (w/ Eddie Vedder)--"Heart To Hang Onto (live) (mp3)
11. Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors--"Hung The Moon" (mp3)
12. Emmylou Harris--"Goodbye" (mp3)